Python is one of the most popular programming languages today.
Its popularity is majorly down to how easy it is to learn as well as the wide variety of industries and applications where it is used.
Python skills come in handy no matter if you’d like to become a data scientist, web developer, or if you simply want to improve your workflow with automation.
If you’re finding it hard to execute real-world data analytics projects for your business due to huge volumes and poor quality of data, web scraping with Python offers a simple and reliable option to understand market conditions.
Whatever way you’d like to put Python to work for you, your journey should start at the best Python courses online to help you master the language.
In this article, I’ll take you through the best online Python courses and tutorials for developers in 2021 to help you achieve your business and career goals.
Let’s get started.
If you’d like to learn both Python 3 and Python 2 and tap into the possibilities that each has to offer, then this Bootcamp is a great choice.
Some course benefits include:
- Clear explanations that build your Python knowledge with several examples and exercises. The course is also well-paced and is one of the best Python courses on Udemy for complete beginners.
- A simple breakdown of Python decorators and how to build games such as Blackjack and Tic Tac Toe, to add to your professional portfolio.
- An excellent demonstration of how to create .py files using Jupyter Notebook, skills that can help in programming, administering computer systems, and web servers.
This course may not be suitable if you’d like to learn data analytics with Python, because there are few examples in this regard. Overall, it is the best Python course online for a smooth introduction to Python, and many of the programming concepts you’ll learn make it easy to comfortably transition into data science.
From data retrieval to visualization, this specialization will show you all you need to know about using Python to work with data.
Course highlights include:
- A 5-in-one specialization that starts at the basics with programming fundamentals and data structures, before nicely building into complex topics. It is therefore the best Python course on Coursera for all skillsets.
- As a bonus, you’ll also learn how to use Python 3 with SQL databases for multi-step data gathering in the same syllabus.
- Data visualization from email and other data sources for appealing presentations and analysis for instantaneous data conclusions.
It’s notable though that the assignments often overreach the subject areas covered. However, it is recommended that you take this course along with the textbook it references called “Python for Everybody” to supplement this knowledge gap.
Would you like to use Python for web harvesting?
Then this is one of the best Python courses on LinkedIn Learning to get you started.
The course covers:
- Retrieving and parsing XML, JSON, and HTML data, which can be used to make important business decisions about customers.
- Basic Python syntax, variables and functions, and tips on how to recall various important aspects to make quick progress.
- How to build and run a simple program in a step-by-step approach, making this one of the best Python courses online if you’re keen on building your own projects.
You may run into problems when configuring Python in the VS code editor. The source of this problem typically traces down to outdated versions, so using the latest stable version of VS code should fix this.
Would you like to understand the key machine learning concepts?
This course comes with the bonus of also learning R programming, all for the same value of a single tutorial.
Other course benefits include:
- Learning to build machine learning models, and even combine these models to solve a range of real-life problems.
- This is the best Python course on Udemy if you’re also interested in other artificial intelligence trends with a host of vital business applications like natural language processing.
- Excellent learning resources and additional material to support the content, in a well-thought-out outline.
However, the dataset sets used in this course are quite simple and do not accurately reflect the complex data sets we encounter in real life. Nevertheless, this is the best Python course online for a good introduction to basic data science principles in R and Python.
Learning automation is key for success in the new age of IT, and this course helps you thrive in modern work environments in the following ways:
- It is one of the best Python courses online for learning how to write Python scripts to automate various iterative tasks.
- It teaches you how to use Git and GitHub for troubleshooting and handling complex debugging issues you’ll face on the job.
- Because you learn to solve real-world problems using Python, this is the best Python course on Coursera to give you job-ready IT skills.
This 6-course specialization by Google covers a lot of ground quickly and may be overwhelming for beginners. Even so, it discusses important IT concepts for an entry-level IT role and you can learn at your own pace.
Do you have trouble writing efficient Python scripts?
If so, this course will show you a better way to do it with less work involved. The class covers:
- The latest features of Python 3, straight from installation to using loops and functions. As a result, you’ll be able to write well-designed scripts for your existing and future projects.
- Being one of the best Python courses on LinkedIn Learning, you can count on the instructor’s technical assistance whenever you hit a roadblock.
- Integrating the Python DB-API to enable you to access a database for data retrieval and analysis, so you get the bonus of database management skills.
The Komodo IDE is no longer supported and may not work well on the latest versions of macOS and Windows. Fortunately, the instructor also tackles PyCharm and even recommends it over Komodo. Both are covered in detail so you can choose to use PyCharm as a more stable development environment.
Are boring, repetitive tasks clogging up your workflow?
Then you may want to tap into one of the best Python courses on Udemy to automate these chores.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Build programs to parse Word documents and PDFs, so you can automate data extraction to reduce errors and improve document processing efficiency.
- Build models without experience because this is the most simple and the best Python course online to learn programming. The instructor’s sense of humor also goes a long way in making teaching fun and engaging.
- Write machine learning algorithms to help automate your email processes and therefore reduce the amount of time you spend sending emails.
However, the course doesn’t receive the best support so you may find the Q&A section a little unhelpful. Even so, everything is well laid out and you won’t have much trouble keeping up.
As far as Python 3 tutorials go, this specialization is as good as it gets to quickly progress from beginner to expert.
Some course highlights include:
- Excellent coverage of Python 3 basics such as conditional execution, mixed with a light-hearted and expert approach by a roster of experienced UMich instructors.
- Free accompanying Runestone textbook “Fundamentals of Python Program” to offer guidance throughout the course. When paired with the practice exercise, this becomes one of the best Python courses on Coursera for support material.
- Learning how to interact with various internet APIs and generally improve your data collection and processing skills with Python.
The final course of the specialization feels rushed, and as such, the final assignment isn’t well explained. Overall, the specialization is still one of the best Python courses online for learning Python 3 as it offers a nice balance of theory and practical work.
This 10-part Python specialization offers the training you need to prepare for that data scientist role you desire.
Some class highlights encompass.
- It is the best Python course online for learning the data science tools and techniques you can use to get quality data to train your algorithms.
- Tons of practical workouts, including steps on building your own automated web scraper to clean, analyze and visualize data.
- Learning how to work with NumPy for numeric calculations and performing data crunching via pandas.
Unfortunately, some of the courses in the specialization don’t offer reliable support to learners. Regardless, it ranks among the best Python Courses on LinkedIn Learning as you’ll still be able to get technical assistance from the discussion forum.
For a 2-in-1, high-value tutorial on Python 3 and 2 for machine learning and data science, you could try out this Python masterclass.
Some course benefits include:
- Learning Python from programmers with a combined experience of several years of work experience at Mitsubishi and IBM. As a result, this is one of the best Python courses on Udemy to gain practical skills and working industry knowledge.
- Using the most proven IDEs such as IntelliJ IDEA and PyCharm to easily code functional programs.
- This is also one of the best Python courses online as it is regularly updated and you get instructor assistance 7 days a week.
The examples given are quite lengthy and may feel a little drawn out. Even so, you get to learn the important theory behind the code as opposed to only focusing on coding without logic.
Do you need to learn Python fast?
If you’re pressed for time, maybe you have an upcoming data science interview and would like to learn or refresh your Python knowledge quickly, then this may be the course for you.
The class covers:
- How to perform automated actions by writing short Python scripts to demonstrate your hands-on skills.
- The use of basic Python structures namely dictionaries, lists, and strings for data processing. This knowledge will also help you create your own Python objects that efficiently manipulate and store data.
- It is the best Python course on Coursera as it also features real-world examples and interactive exercises that test a huge variety of important programming concepts.
The downside is that you’ll need to do quite a bit of self-learning in this course, as it tests some intermediate-level topics not covered in the syllabus. However, there’s nothing too complex that a simple internet search can’t fix.
Are you preparing for a technical interview?
This course packs tips on handling common data structure questions in interviews, as well as other important concepts in Python programming as a whole.
You’ll get to learn about:
- Parsing and retrieving XML, JSON, and HTML data, among other Python web scraping techniques to get data to fuel market decisions and other applications.
- Python object-oriented programming, in a recently updated course with excellent instructor support in the discussion forum.
- Metaprogramming by using Python decorators. This is therefore the best Python course online for working with huge projects as you’ll learn how to modify existing objects without permanently deleting them.
With 13 courses in this learning path, this may not be ideal if you have a part-time job and would like a quick crash course. However, if you have the time to spare, it is the best Python course on LinkedIn Learning to make you a fully-fledged Python developer.
Would you like an ultra-modern Python course?
Then this may be it. The tutorial teaches you programming via Python 3.10, giving you skills to take you well into 2022.
It is one of the best Python courses online because:
- It teaches Python from both syntax and logical points of view. In other words, you’ll learn how code works in a way that also enables you to build practical programs.
- It gives you plenty of opportunities to learn complementary material around Python such as how to work with SQL databases for better data retrieval.
- You get to build 10-real world programs and learn from 145 coding exercises, making this the best Python course on Udemy for practicality.
Unfortunately, lecture codes are not provided in lecture notes so you might spend a bit of time recreating the codes during the lesson. The benefit to that is you get lots of type-as-you-practice sessions as opposed to simply copying and pasting from code templates.
For important data analysis skills, this 5-course Python specialization will give you new insights into your data.
Some course highlights include:
- Tips on inferential statistical analysis and the techniques you can use to better understand big data and even make accurate predictions based on these conclusions.
- It is the best Python course online for learning how to use the matplotlib for plotting. When it comes to data visualization, you’ll also learn about the best practices for developing charts.
- How to integrate machine learning to enhance your data analysis using the Scikit-learn toolkit.
The specialization is great overall except for a few challenges in the course on “Applied Text Mining.” Some concepts are covered superficially and the course structure needs improvement. That said, it is one of the best Python courses on Coursera for intermediate learners who’d like to focus on more advanced topics.
With excellent instructor support to hold your hand throughout, this is the best Python course on LinkedIn Learning for complete beginners.
You’ll get to:
- Learn about composition and inheritance, among other core OOP principles to build programs that are not only efficient but also extensible.
- Create immutable data classes if you’d like to create read-only data to provide thread safety when this data is shared across threads.
- Build data-centric objects with boilerplate code thanks to the tight integration of data classes. This is therefore among the best Python courses online if you’d like to know how to reduce coding work for huge projects.
There seems to be a problem in the discount calculation exercise under the topic “Instance methods and attributes.” However, it’s important to note that the exercise is a demonstration of the theoretical concept rather than the math behind it so it still achieves the learning objective.
Are you interested in Python 2 or Python 3?
While Python 3 is usually the go-to choice due to it being up to date, many companies today rely on legacy systems that still use Python 2. It is for this reason that it’s important to consider the Complete Python Bootcamp From Zero to Hero in Python in light of such work environments.
On the other hand, you may be keen on exclusive Python 3 training.
If that’s the case, the Python for Everybody Specialization may be the best way to go. It’ll show you the basics of Python 3, all the way to advanced concepts like working with SQL databases using Python.
Beyond these two factors, you can still find many other great tutorials from some of the best online Python courses and tutorials for developers in 2021 we’ve looked at today.