Do you need to learn SQL as a business analyst?
You’ve probably tried to work around it by using Excel instead for big data analytics. However, due to the immense size of the data you handle, the program often crashes in the middle of critical work, thereby slowing down your progress.
Therefore, you set out to learn the best SQL course on Udemy, but a quick search revealed dozens of identical course outlines and countless hours of video content which hamper sampling each one.
That’s where my experience comes in.
Having combed through a number of SQL courses to help me on my career path, I’ve been able to handpick the best SQL courses to fit your preferences for persona, skill, and length. Ultimately, these courses will enable you to process large data sets faster while preserving your data integrity.
In this article, I’ll be taking you through the best SQL courses and certifications to take in 2021 on Udemy.
Let’s get started.
Don’t have a clue about anything SQL?
You’ll feel right at home with this SQL online course on how to query a database using SQL, which is one of the most highly sought-after skills, besides PostgreSQL.
Additionally, you’ll learn about:
- The various parts of basic SQL statements, and how you can use these to update a variety of databases you’ll come across in your career.
- Getting started with PgAdmin and PostgreSQL, which are today’s most popular SQL tools no matter what line of data science work you end up in.
- Real-world problems and how you can query SQL to solve them. The practicality of this course, and the succinct yet clear explanation on otherwise complex topics, is outstanding.
I feel that there could be a few more exercises around the PGAdmin to better reinforce the concepts. Nonetheless, the examples performed offer incredible insight into how to interact with databases using this GUI tool.
Are you intimidated by most MySQL courses?
A beginner-friendly Udemy SQL BootCamp will break it down for you by uncovering how to create SQL models from real-world data without needing prior programming knowledge.
Some course highlights include:
- Learning how to ask your data questions on marketing analytics such as campaigns with high click-throughs, product abandonment, etc.
- Creating web apps through MySQL and NodeJS, enabling you to fit in a work setting with a focus on app development.
- I especially like how the instructor fuses his personality, and that of his companion, into breaking down complex topics in a lighthearted learning approach.
However, I find that the SQL certification course drags a little because the instructor is quite detailed especially with regard to his review of exercises. That said, you can always skip ahead if you’re comfortable with the concept, but the little bits of information added is worth the time.
Many of the best online courses for SQL often take a focus on web development, cutting out the non-technical business person who is more interested in SQL’s business applications. If that describes you, this is the course to take.
The lesson includes:
- Real-life data analytics featuring complex tables with millions of variables, which prepares you for actual situations in the real world.
- Lifetime access to bonus courses on advanced Microsoft Excel training, which will come in handy when you need to create tabular schema to facilitate data entry into your business’s relational database.
- A refreshing view into how to handle SQL joins for complex databases with countless tables and variables, ranking it among the top SQL courses today.
Nevertheless, the Q&A section could be better as the instructor is sometimes unavailable to promptly handle queries. On the plus side, many of these questions have been previously answered so you only need to look through past solutions.
If you’re a busy professional without the time to sit through endless hours of classes, this SQL course in Udemy is a godsend.
Course highlights entail:
- Learning SQL for market analytics from the perspective of a blockbuster business, instead of relying on abstract models which are rather hard to adapt to real-life business models.
- It’s also remarkable how interactive the course is as you can request additional SQL topics and the instructors will pick them up.
- The quizzes and exercises are especially memorable for the instructors’ chemistry and the fun-filled, enthusiastic approach to teaching.
If you’re an SQL intermediate looking for complex challenges, this SQL certification online course might not be it. Be that as it may, if your SQL is a little rusty, there are few better courses for brushing up.
This is a double-delight training on SQL and MySQL and is the best SQL course on Udemy for beginners.
The course offers the following:
- A deep dive into MySQL, and how you can master this highly popular database to manage all manner of project management workflows you might end up in.
- The course covers rarely discussed subtopics about database design, namely relationships and normalization, giving your resume the edge.
- Wholistic SQL skills that traverse usefulness in MySQL. You can apply these skills to a variety of other databases as well, which is vital because not all organizations today use MySQL.
While it might provide the best SQL training for beginners, the course could use more real-world examples, especially around the topic of joins. Still, the fundamental knowledge it offers is invaluable and you can easily scale that to different business scenarios.
If you’ve always bailed at the sight of large SQL queries, this advanced SQL online course will give you more confidence and expertise to take your skills to the next level.
Some impressive course highlights include:
- 100 SQL puzzles spread out across the course, the most I’ve come across so far, which offers plenty of opportunities for practice.
- Advanced querying techniques around aggregation and table joins, among others, which in combination make solving huge SQL queries easier.
- Provision of use cases for each function you’ll use, which makes the explanations effortless to keep up with.
On the downside, the instructor has been a little inactive for the past couple of weeks, so you may have to wait a while for a Q&A response. That said, this Udemy best SQL course leaves few stones unturned with its comprehensive range of exercises.
Do you struggle with database normalization?
If so, this is one of the best SQL courses and certifications to take in 2021 on Udemy for handling a topic that has proven quite challenging for beginners.
This lesson entails:
- Advanced database normalization techniques for both PostgreSQL and MS SQL, thereby enabling you to better structure different kinds of data.
- Easy-to-learn strategies for making and cleaning complex joints, enabling you to painlessly read and analyze a wide range of relational databases.
- Advanced SQL query techniques to enable you to draw from multiple conditions to draft a report. It’s especially notable that these queries are commonly asked in interviews.
However, because the course stretches to cover both PostgreSQL and MS SQL, aggregations aren’t exhaustively covered to their full possibilities. On the plus side, this is a two-in-one Udemy advanced SQL course for the price of one.
If you’re ready to venture into the advanced realm of SQL, you’ll find this is the best SQL server course in Udemy to match your desire for expert certification.
Some course highlights include:
- How to use correlated subqueries to find and eliminate duplicates from databases for better data cleaning across multiple scenarios.
- How to execute case statements in SQL, among many other custom functions, to easily find desirable variables in an enormous data warehouse.
- This course stands out for the instructor’s ability to solve real-world challenges using straightforward query-building demonstrations.
Without prior experience executing and writing SQL, this may not be the best SQL training for you as an introductory learner because it handles complex SQL databases. Even so, there’s a quick recap to speed up through the basics in the first chapter so you have some idea going in.
If you learn better from practical examples as opposed to heavily theorized curriculums, this is the best course for SQL on Udemy. It starts right from the basics, taking you from newbie to expert by the end of the class, so it’s perfect for all skill levels.
Here’s what to look forward to:
- Live coding presentations, which are a welcome way of learning programming, as opposed to many others that just upload the code template without showing us how they got there.
- Creating highly secure databases in SQL and the MySQL Workbench: Visual Database Design using foreign keys, indexing, and store procedures.
- Helpful exercises that push you to type code and test what you’ve learned. It’s one thing to understand the theory and a completely different matter to implement it, which is where this course stands out.
Although it offers excellent SQL training online, it hasn’t been updated for a while. Nonetheless, there have barely been any changes in the subject material and the real-world examples used are timeless.
Are you a huge fan of Oracle SQL?
Then this is the best SQL course on Udemy if you’re keen on business environments that involve an Oracle RDBMS.
The guide covers:
- A focus on Oracle Database 11g, which is desirable for its enhanced data recovery functions and the ease of managing database infrastructure.
- How to use GRANT permissions in SQL to better manage database privileges and access for better accountability and security for your database management system.
- The project work that summarizes the content is a great way to look through the course and handpick key takeaway concepts.
While the course does feature practical exercises, they feel a little too easy as far as the best intermediate SQL courses are concerned. Still, the lack of complexity for these exercises makes them great for every skill set.
This course offers the lowdown on how you can build your own database right from the idea stage. So if that has always been a career goal, you’ll find that this is the best database course on Udemy.
Additionally, the class offers:
- Downloadable SQL code templates, should you need these for reference or to kickstart your new database project.
- A continual update of PostgreSQL and SQL topics, ensuring everything you’ll be learning in this course is in touch with the times.
The instructor curates his concepts quite well but this leads to the feeling that the theory could do with a little more detail.
That said, you get lots of practice sessions, making it a contender for the best SQL online course. Moreover, it offers you good ROI because the instructor doesn’t wander off on unrelated tangents like in many other courses.
This is the best Udemy course for SQL if you’d love to build on an underlying knowledge to hack it in the advanced world of SQL.
You’ll get to:
- Use Regex to execute complex pattern matching, which will help you perform comprehensive data searches and extraction on the databases you’ll get to work with in your career.
- Learn how to make sense of big SQL statements, by breaking them down and rebuilding from scratch, which is an excellent way to quickly grasp complex problems.
- Learn about advanced SQL hierarchical features, which will come in handy when you’re faced with the need to extract results from a hierarchical data structure, among other complex data formats.
However, the course takes a focus on Oracle technology, which is a little outdated. Nonetheless, you can apply the fundamental concepts explored in Oracle to the majority of the most popular databases today.
Teaching SQL through the MySQL database, including over 350 SQL queries for immense concept coverage, this is the best MySQL course on Udemy for the following reasons:
- An effective approach to teaching MySQL workbench and command-line client, from installation, which can be tricky, through to coding complex databases.
- The instructor’s availability is a huge plus in this course. You can get your questions answered within a couple of hours
- Practical SQL learning with examples across a variety of databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, and more, which cultivates great job adaptability.
The course could do with a little more explanations behind the use of certain functions and relationships, but the examples do clear it up a little later into the topics, so the class requires a bit of patience.
Are you not getting past SQL job interviews?
This course provides the lowdown on how to succeed in SQL interviews to make a great pitch of your talents and a killer skill impression.
Here’s how the guide can help:
- Mock interviews with a hiring manager with fifteen 15 years of experience interviewing dozens of SQL job candidates, which means you’ll benefit from an insider’s perspective on today’s digital transformation trends and other industry factors.
- The course entails practical answers to more than 200 real-world SQL questions, to ensure you cast your net wide enough.
If you’re looking to learn SQL, this may not be the course for you although it doesn’t hurt to know what to expect at the start of your SQL career. It is especially fitting for an interview involving SQL knowledge.
This course focuses on one of the world’s leading open-source databases, namely PostgreSQL, and takes you from basics to advanced features in nice, comfortable steps.
Some course highlights include:
- In-depth coverage of security roles, triggers, and other intermediate features; topics that are usually unsatisfactorily covered in many database management courses.
- An impressive breadth of topics that pretty much arms you with everything to get started in a PostgreSQL job function, all the way from installation and PgAdmin to joins, aggregate functions, and combining queries.
Notably, this course doesn’t dwell on the theory behind PostgreSQL features so it may not be the best SQL Udemy course for beginners. Rather, it concentrates a lot more on the exercises, which is great if you’re interested in syntax and an actionable class at large.
Are you pumped up about learning SQL?
If uncertainty still looms large over your exact SQL path and future, I’ll recommend The Complete SQL Bootcamp for the best Udemy SQL course for beginners.
It’s an excellent way to get started if you’d like to not get overwhelmed by advanced concepts.
On the other hand, if you’re passionate about web app development, The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert is an excellent choice.
This course is a little more technical and assumes certain programming basics so it’s ideal if you don’t want to spend too much time on an introductory class.
Finding the best Udemy SQL course for your needs is challenging because of the sheer quantity of options, many of which end up discussing outdated technologies. However, with this guide on the best SQL courses and certifications to take in 2021 on Udemy, you should find what you need in no time.